UNO Fall Season
19 Aug 2012 until 21 Aug 2012
University of Nebraska – Omaha
UNO Weber Fine Arts Building 333
UNO THEATRE INVITES YOU TO AUDITION FOR ITS FALL 2012 SEASON
Dear TAG Members:
The University of Nebraska at Omaha Department of Theatre cordially invites you to auditions for its upcoming productions of William Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus, and Mary Zimmerman’s Mirror of the Invisible World. We have expanded our audition process in order to make it more user-friendly to actors in the metropolitan area. We have often cast more experienced actors with students. This has created higher stakes in the achievements of our production. It also enables our students to connect and learn from the larger community.
There will be two opportunities to audition:
* Sunday, August 19, 7:00-9:00 PM UNO Weber Fine Arts Building 333 (Top Floor, South Lobby Elevator)
* Tuesday, August 21, 8:00-9:30 pm UNO Weber Fine Arts Building 333 (Top Floor, South Lobby Elevator)
* Callbacks will be posted by 1 PM on Wednesday on the callboard. If you are unable to check the callboard, please let the Stage Management team know. ACTING CALLBACKS will be Thursday, August 23, 5:00 PM-9:00PM.
* If you have them, please bring a current photo and resume to your audition.
* These are open auditions and all are welcomed. If you would like to sign-up for a time, sign up sheets for auditions and technical interviews are posted on the third floor of WFAB (Level M) Room # 324. Rehearsals will be 5 or 6 days per week, between 6-11 PM (usually 3-3 1/2 hours).
* If you have a prepared audition piece we would be happy to see it. Alternately, there will be readings from the texts available.
* When you arrive please report to the Audition Monitor table outside Weber Fine Arts room #333 to fill out an audition form. Be specific in noting your schedule and conflicts.
* QUESTIONS? CALL THE STAGE MANAGEMENT OFFICE: 402-554-3167
UNO THEATRE FALL PRODUCTIONS:
Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare – Directed by D. Scott Glasser Runs: September 26-29 & October 3-6, 2012
* Casting: 12-20 Women and Men
* The text will be cut and rearranged towards a highly theatrical and stylized interpretation.
* There may be gender changes for many roles.
* Rehearsals will start on Sunday, August 26t.h
Mirror of the Invisible World by Mary Zimmerman – Directed by Dr. Cindy Melby Phaneuf Runs: November 14-17 & November 28-December 1
* Casting: Women: 7, Men: 1 , additional casting possible
* Rehearsals will start Monday, October 7.
WE THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION. WE LOOK FORWARD TO THE AUDITIONS OF EVERYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN BEING INVOLVED IN OUR DYNAMIC UNO THEATRE PRODUCTIONS.