Give a little bit of yourself to help TAG grow
Every organization relies on its membership to volunteer. Strong volunteers make a strong organization.
Please join us in being an ACTIVE MEMBER!
- If you’re on a Theatre Board: Send a representative to the monthly TAG meetings. For years, people have suggested that TAG help open a dialogue among theatre to coordinate seasons, calendars, etc., but we need your participation.
- Come to Board meetings and voice your opinion: If you’ve got an opinion you should be there. Meetings are held the second Saturday of each month at Delinea Design, 701 S. 15th St, Ste 101 at 10:00 a.m. Please call the President, so we can make a place for you.
- Advertise with TAG: We have very affordable advertising rates for the newsletter, web page and Awards program. Your business receives cost effective, targeted advertising and supports TAG.
- Volunteer: Every little bit helps. If you can spare an hour here and there to make a few phone calls, type some information or label envelopes, it helps. Call a Board member and set the wheels in motion.
- Join a Committee: From the Awards Committee planners to Publicity, every committee needs a little help. Providing support for a committee chair is one of the best ways to be an active member.
- Be a proud member of TAG: We have a unique organization. Include “Theatre Arts Guild Member” in your bio and on your resume. If you’re a Member Theatre, consider putting “Theatre Arts Guild Member Theatre” on your letterhead, programs and advertising.
- Use your TAG discounts at participating theatres: When you request your TAG discount, it lets theatres know that the membership is supporting them.
- Go to TAG events: This includes educational programs, TAG Night Out etc.
- Support live theatre and bring friends: If every TAG member took 4 non-theatre goers, imagine how our audiences would increase! If there’s no one in the audience, there’s no reason for anyone to be on-stage, backstage or in the booth.
- Give your cast comps to someone who has never been to live theatre, or can’t afford to see your show. Your family and friends will come anyway, but introducing new people to theatre means that they may attend more theatre in the future.
- Give the gift of Theatre: As an opening night gift, give a TAG membership.
- Make a donation: Support operating expenses, scholarship, and/or theatre awareness expenses. Many businesses match donations made by employees to non-profit organizations. TAG is a 501 (C) (3) non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible. We also accept donations of old scripts! Check out the script library listing.